Kojimachi, Hanzo-mon, Nagatacho The Ministry of Justice old main building
It is government building of the German neo-baroque of (1895) completion by design of German architect Ende and Beckman Instruments invited at part of government office intensive plan of the Meiji government in 1895. We suffered big damage by war damage, but were restored in original figure in 1995.
In this building which can be called red brick ridge, room where the Minister for Justice has ever taken work is opened to the public as legal affairs historical materials exhibition room. Not only the building inside but also old register, historical materials of penal code editing of the Meiji period, documents about criminal case are displayed.
INFORMATION basics information
- Address 1-7, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku
- From Access Sakuradamon Station Exit 5 a 1-minute walk
From Kasumigaseki Station Exit A5 a 3-minute walk